The Department of Radiology & Imaging at Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College & Hospital (KYAMCH) combines state-of-the-art technology with world-class clinical expertise to deliver the best results.
The Department of Radiology and Imaging at KYAMCH has all the updated modalities necessary for diagnosis including cardiac and oncologic imaging, serving the purpose of screening, detection, obtaining diagnosis, guiding therapy, response assessment and follow up of post treatment patients.
All modalities are connected by PACS (picture archiving and communication system), radiology reporting is done through radiology information system (RIS) and is integrated to Health Management System (HMS).
The department regularly participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and various academic activities.
Machines facilities are:
- Digital 500mA X-ray Machine
- Portable X-ray machine
- Dental (OPG) X-ray machine
- 850mA X-ray Machine with Fluoroscopy
- Mammography (Breast X-Rays)
- Ultrasonography- VolusonS10, LogiqS8, Mindray DC-70 Exp. Mindray DC-70 Exp X-Insight ultrasound machines are available in department. The services are – 2D,3D & 4D ultrasonography, TVS, TRUS, Color Doppler, Elastography, portable ultrasonography, USG guided procedures such as drainage, FNAC, Biopsy.
- 128 Slice Philips Ingenuity Core CT Scan machine.( Routine brain and body CT scan, multi-phasic contrast enhanced CT scan, high resolution CT, cardiac and peripheral CT angiogram, CT guided procedures such as drainage, FNAC, Biopsy)
- 1.5 Tesla Philips MRI machine (Advanced MR imaging of brain, neck, spine and body, MRS, MR mammography, MR angiogram, MR perfusion, Whole body MRI)
- DEXA scan
- Interventional Radiology (Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound and CT guided procedures)
Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS):
Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College & Hospital radiology and imaging center is equipped with Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). PACS with suitable workstation allows multi-planner and three dimensional reconstructions of radio logical images. Besides online viewing of radio logical images without any film or hard copy PACS are able to send digital images to other centers along with long time preservation of the imaging data, so that we can retrieve these data at any time & if the films are lost or damaged we can reproduce it.
Emergency and indoor patient’s facilities:
This service performs all the general radiography, computed tomography and ultrasound requests for emergency & inpatients and currently operates 24 hours daily including weekends and public holidays. It also provides round-the-clock operating theater imaging services and mobile radiography and ultrasound services for those patients who are too ill to be transported to the department for their examinations.
This service performs all the general radiography, computed tomography and ultrasound requests for inpatients and currently operates 24 hours daily including weekends and public holidays. It also provides round-the-clock operating theater imaging services and mobile radiography and ultrasound services for those patients who are too ill to be transported to the center for their examinations.
Additional Activities :
- Regular academic activities: classes, journal clubs, case presentations, symposiums.
- Participation in various multidisciplinary team meetings, surgical plantings.
- Several audits, projects, research publications, conference presentations and lectures by faculty and fellows
- Participation in trials.
- Organization of student teaching programs, conferences and workshops.